Monday 6 May 2013

Return to Blogging - 2013 - A Catch Up

After much pestering by a few I have decided to start blogging again and will try and keep up to date with it and post a bit more regularly.

This year has thus far been busy both with work and family with plenty more work lined up and hopefully much more international trips. So far I have had one trip out to Romania and two to Jordan.


Isabelline Wheatear - April 2013
I am also catching moths in the garden on my fairly recently acquired Skinner trap and will start to post updates on how this is going - although a slow start to the year would be an understatement and things will hopefully start to pick up soon. As part of the moth catching I am taking part in the Garden Moth Challenge which is a bit of good fun and is really great to be able to see and hear what other mothers are doing across the UK.

There is a lead table however I certainly won't be challenging for top spot! As of today I've only recorded 12 macro moth species this year, 1 micro and one butterfly - things can only improve!

Highlights of the year include -


The Herald



Early Thorn



Brindled Beauty


In addition to garden mothing I have been working in Jordan twice in the last four weeks or so.  My 'to-do' list includes sorting out a proper blog and trip list as well as a combined trip list to include all sightings from over 9 weeks of field work completed by my company.
 
Here's a little flavour of the future blogs of birds and wildlife from the UK and beyond.
 
Comments on pictures or content are always welcome and I hope you enjoy!
 
 


 Crested Lark
 

Chiffchaff


Short-toed Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment